Aluminum Garage Doors
Aluminum garage doors are great because of their affordable prices, excellent appearance and vast color selection. Aluminum garage doors have very similar characteristics to steel garage doors. Like steel, aluminum garage doors are wood-grain embossed to resemble wood garage doors. The one major drawback to aluminum garage doors is that they dent easily. If you expect your garage door to be prone to lots of bumps and dents then you should choose a different garage door material. If not, then aluminum may be a great choice for you.
Aluminum Garage Door Benefits
- Price: Aluminum garage doors can run as low as $400-$700. Make sure you have your door properly installed by a professional. Aluminum garage doors cost slightly less than steel garage doors (with a difference of about $200 for comparable doors). Insulated aluminum garage doors are more expensive and run from $1,000 to $1,300.
- Lightweight: Aluminum doors are extremely lightweight, which makes them easier to install. Since they are lightweight, they are easier on the garage mechanisms, which helps the door last longer.
- No rusting
- Low maintenance
- Can be painted
- Color choice: Aluminum garage doors come in a vast choice of colors.
- Good for insulation: A good amount of insulation can be added to aluminum garage doors, which also makes them energy-efficient.
- Aluminum is recyclable: When your door needs to be replaced, you can recycle your old aluminum garage door and give the environment a break.
Make sure to find a reliable garage door contractor to install your garage door.