Types of Fences
Fences are an important addition to your landscape; they can add beauty, privacy, or security -- or all three! -- making them one of the most functional additions to your yard or garden area. There is a wide variety of fencing materials on the market today. Read about the most popular types of fences so you can choose the best kind for your property.
Types of Fences
Wood panel fencing is a popular fence type for several reasons, including its ability to provide the most privacy. Plus, there are many types of stain available to complement your home and garden.
Post and Rail Fencing
Post and rail fencing resembles the kind of fencing you would imagine on a farm or around the yard of a country home. These fences don't create privacy, but they are good for dividing property lines.
As with vinyl products like siding and gutters, with vinyl fencing there is almost no maintenance required — which makes this fence type a very popular choice. There is also no rotting or fading.
Polymer fencing looks like wrought iron but has low maintenance, unlike real iron.
This is the fence type that is the most economical and functional. It can keep pests out and the children in and it also easily divides property lines. Many chain link fences now come with a weather resistant vinyl coating (usually colored green or brown).
Some Important Considerations
- Make sure you find a professional and reliable fence installer to ensure that your new fence is installed properly.
- Find out where your property line is before installing your fence. Are there any easements to consider?
- Clarify local regulations before getting started. Will you need a permit or HOA approval for your fence?
- Contact a one-call number to make sure you won't hit any underground utilities.
- Decide on a budget. This will help you narrow down the types of fences to best suit your needs.
- Consult with a landscape design expert if your new fence going to be part of a larger landscaping project.
Looking for a Pro? Call us(866) 441-6648