Designer Picks: Lightweight Late-Summer Blankets
The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting cooler. It’s the perfect time to throw on a light summer blanket and snuggle in! Take a peek at some of our faves for fall:
- Garnet Hill’s colorful 100% cotton fleece blankets and throws offer year round comfort. Fleece is always cozy, regardless of the season. It wicks away moisture well.
- The Pure-Loft blanket from Lands End offers a non-allergenic, synthetic microfiber alternative to goose down. The diamond pattern holds the material in place and the lightweight construction makes this a great choice for cool summer and fall nights.
- The Crepe Weave Organic Cotton summer blanket is made in the United States from organic cotton and low impact dyes. The maker advises to add vinegar to the wash to keep the fibers soft.
- Lands End’s antistatic ThermaCheck fleece blanket is extra-long, soft and velvety, with special antistatic properties that resist attracting lint and pet hair.
- Horchow’s Delancey bed linens, made by Sferra, have a gorgeous hand-knit-style design that will add great interest and texture to any bedding ensemble. 100% cotton, these lightweight knits will feel like you’re pulling on an old Irish fisherman’s sweater.
- The Diamond Organic blanket from Pottery Barn is woven of 100% organic cotton in a classic jacquard pattern. The collection comes in a gorgeous soft color palette of white, ivory, taupe, smoke and dark royal blue. The yarn is dyed prior to weaving for improved colorfastness.
Linda Merrill writes for networx.com.
Updated December 9, 2018.
Looking for a Pro? Call us(866) 441-6648