Concrete roofing is a common roofing choice, especially in southwestern states such as Arizona. Concrete roofing is seen mostly on contemporary, ranch-style homes; Mediterranean-style homes; and on mission and prairie-style homes. Concrete is tough, durable and attractive. Contact a local roofing contractor to make sure concrete roofing is right for your area.
Some of the best features of concrete roofing are the dozens of choices of style and color. The four main styles of concrete roofing are: slate, shake, Verona and mission. Each comes with a dozen or so color options. The slate style offers straight edges and symmetry for a clean and beautiful look. Natural colors are popular with this style, as they are known for enhancing the beauty of modern, Tudor and Victorian-style homes. The shake style offers a traditional wood look with its textured tiles and looks great on farmhouses and cottages. The Verona style is seen on many fine homes and is influenced by Italian and Rococo style. This is the style to go for if you are looking to achieve a Mediterranean look. The mission style is reflective of Spanish mission or colonial architecture.
What are some of the other styling options in concrete roofing?
- Blending concrete shades creates an interesting mix of colors.
- A new option for steep roofs is double-notched staggered roof tile, which creates a dramatic shadow line for steep roofs. Find a roofer to install concrete roofing on your home.
Here is a list of some of the benefits of concrete roofing:
- Easy to maintain (only an occasional need to maintain the metal flashings and ventilation systems)
- Extremely durable, doesn’t wear out easily
- 50-year warranty from most companies
- Results in a higher resale value for your home
- Can resist winds of 125 mph+ and some of the strongest hail and rain
- Energy efficient
Looking for a Pro? Call us(866) 441-6648