Are you pricing new vinyl siding installation? Expect to pay between $4,900 and $13,600 for a typical professional job, based on 1,800 square feet of exterior surface to be covered.
The cost to install vinyl siding will vary quite a bit. That's due to factors which include:
- Size and height of your home
- Ease of access
- Siding thickness (.035-.055")
- Style, pattern, and grain
- Any custom cutting required to accommodate sharp angles, vents, chimney(s), or exterior light fixtures
- Extra features like soffits, moldings, and other trim
- Whether insulating siding is to be used
- Whether old siding needs to be removed (you may be able to leave sound, dry wood siding in place)
The cost to install vinyl siding will usually include the following:
- Materials and Supplies -- The cost of the siding depends on its quality and design, as well as whether it has an insulating layer. Incidental supplies are typically included in the quote.
- Labor -- Labor cost includes cutting and installing the siding. Removal of old siding or other wall covering, plus any necessary repairs, will add to the expense.
- Estimate -- The initial estimate, which may include an onsite inspection, is often free.
Get the Most for Your Money
Look forward to minimal maintenance when you install vinyl siding. It will never require painting, staining, or sealing. Just wash it down once or twice a year. Vinyl siding is extremely popular with American homeowners because of its easy care as well as its low cost -- about 26 percent lower than the price of aluminum siding and 11 percent lower than cedar wood.
Upgrade your home's exterior with vinyl siding to add curb appeal and expect an 80 percent return on your investment when you sell.
Ask your contractor to install vinyl siding with anti-weathering protection such as titanium oxide and a long, transferable warranty (standard is 50 years).
Purchase an extra panel or two to make matching easier for future repairs.
Cost to Hire a Roofer
Articles and Tips
When you’re selling a home, the words “sellers disclosure” may fill you with confusion,... Read More