Find Plumbers Near MeEnter your zip code and compare qualified licensed local plumbers
Licensed Plumbing ProsReliable plumbers that are reviewed by homeowners and follow our quality code
Get Free Plumbing QuotesThe plumbers nearby will give you free estimates on your plumbing job.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Plumber?
The average cost to hire a plumber ranges from $170 to $430. Cost of hiring a plumber is usually calculated in one of 3 ways:
- Per-hour rate, usually with a 2-hour minimum OR
- Flat fee for service call + hourly rate OR
- Flat fee per job, often payable in increments for a large job
Expect to pay a premium for emergency plumbing service after hours, on weekends, or on holidays.
What are common plumbing services?
Our network of plumbing professionals have numerous years of experience in the plumbing industry. There is no plumbing problem that they cannot find a solution for. Check out our list below to see some services offered. If you don't see the service you need below, you can always contact your local plumber with your specific needs.
● Water Heater / Tankless Water Heater Repair or Installation
● Faucets, Fixtures, & Pipes Repair or Installation
● Shower, Sink, Toilet Repair or Installation
● Blocked or Clogged Drain Clearing
● Sump Pump Replacement or Repair
● Septic Piping Systems Repair or Installation
How to Detect A Burst/Leaking pipe
Signs that You Might Have a Plumbing Leak
Some plumbing leaks are obvious. "Gusher leaks," stemming from a burst or separated pipe, spew out a major amount of water. However, other types are harder to detect. Stay alert and use your eyes, ears, and sense of smell to tell you when your plumbing is leaking. Here are some possible signs:
● Strange noises from your plumbing system like hissings, gurglings, or the sound of endlessly running water.
● Discolored, bubbling, peeling, or damp patches on ceilings, walls, or floors.
● A "hot spot" on your floor which may indicate a hot water leak below.
● Water anywhere it shouldn't be: on the bathroom floor after a shower (even though you had the shower door or curtain closed), around the base of your toilet, inside an under sink cabinet, or beneath your water heater.
● Cracking, buckling, or loose flooring material.
● A musty odor which could indicate mold.
● A water meter that registers usage even when no water source is turned on.
● An inexplicably muddy section of your yard, with greener grass than on the rest of your lawn.
How to Hire a Quality Plumber
Before hiring a plumber, determine exactly what you need: that's going to be an important factor when it comes to deciding which plumber is best for you.
Once you're satisfied that a plumber is qualified and operating above board, you can call around to get some quotes. Be sure to describe the job completely, and be aware that the plumber may need to conduct a home visit to go over the situation and determine if there are any special factors that might affect the price. When you talk to the plumber, ask if she is bonded and insured in case a problem with the job develops, and ask her about her plan for addressing the given plumbing issue you are experiencing.
A good plumber will provide sound, reasonable advice, even if it means not making as much on an individual job.
Does Insurance Cover Plumbers?
It really depends on the scope and urgency of the plumbing issue. If you're dealing with a burst pipe - an emergent, potentially costly situation, call your homeowner's insurance emergency number and find out how to have one of their authorized plumbing contractors repair the damage ASAP. Attempting a DIY plumbing repair in this instance might void your insurance coverage.
For most other plumbing issues, there's usually no need to involve your insurance company.
Articles and Tips
Why Choose A Networx Plumber?
It's our mission to provide a superb plumbing service experience for you by helping you quickly and easily connect with local plumbers so that you can make the best choice for your needs. To that end, every plumbing contractor on our site has been screened by us to ensure they are certified and licensed to perform various tasks, involving repair and replacement of broken pipes, leak detection, drain cleaning, etc.. In order to be listed with us, our plumbing contractors are required to maintain a high level of professionalism - if we receive any valid negative feedback about any of our plumbers, we will promptly remove them from our site. Have you been searching for "plumbers in my area" but unsure about which one will actually be a vetted and licensed reliable plumber? Check out the following states that we provide a local plumber technician to your doorstep!