Would you like to install stamped concrete outside or inside your home? You can expect to pay about $9.50 to $12.50 per square foot (that's $1,080-1,500 for a 120 square foot patio).
What is Stamped Concrete?
This decorative technique involves embossing a pattern into freshly laid concrete with large polyurethane stamps, followed by adding color. Use it to add zest to an outdoor feature such as a patio, path, pool deck, or driveway. Or install a striking stamped concrete floor inside your home.
Cost to install stamped concrete will depend on:
- Square footage to be covered
- Number and type of colors
- Amount of detail
- Whether a border is applied
- Whether other design elements, such as decorative aggregate, are included
Why Choose Stamped Concrete?
Stamped concrete offers you a huge range of design possibilities. Create the look of beautiful natural stone, wood, brick, pavers, and more -- at a fraction of the price. Durable and easy-care, it comes without problems common to other paving materials, such as settling unevenly or sprouting weeds.
- Materials and Supplies -- In addition to the concrete and colorants, your contractor will provide the specialized tools needed for concrete stamping.
- Labor -- Stamping concrete requires skill and specialized equipment. Hire a qualified contractor with experience in this technique.
- Estimate -- The initial estimate, which may include onsite measurement, is often free.
Get the Most for Your Money
If your existing concrete patio is in good shape, save money by having a contractor add a thin overlay of concrete and stamp it with the pattern of your choice.
For long-lasting good looks in a harsh climate, powdered pigments mixed in with the concrete are preferable. Color which is only added to the surface may be affected by rain, snow, or strong sunlight.