Are you looking to install a light fixture? The cost to install a light fixture is anywhere between approximately $117 and $565 for labor and supplies. That's not including the price of the fixture itself nor the additional tools required to accomplish the lighting installation. Depending on where and how you are planning to add the light fixture also may affect the price with ceiling light fixtures being the most common.
The total cost to install your light fixture will depend on:
- whether there is pre-existing wiring in place
- condition and accessibility of any existing wiring, especially for recessed lighting fixtures on the ceiling
- age of your home
Cost to install a ceiling light fixture will normally include:
- Light Fixture -- A necessary component, this can come in a variety of shapes, forms, and prices such as:
- Ceiling lights
- Recessed lighting
- Pendant lights
- Track lighting
- Wall mounted lights
- Supplies -- Installation includes necessary supplies: 10-32 grounding screws, wire nuts, and electrical tape.
- Labor -- Labor includes the basic lighting fixture installation. If a wiring upgrade or installation or a new mounting box is necessary, this will add to the cost.
Get the Most for Your Money
Although lighting fixture installation is a relatively small home improvement task, it is best done by a professional and licensed electrician -- for the sake of your personal safety and your home's compliance with local building code. Since any light installation will require you to be dealing with electric wires and currents, there is a chance of electrical injury so use caution if you elect to not utilize an electrician nearby. Save money on multiple service calls by scheduling several upgrades and/or repairs for your licensed electrician to do in one session.
Before you order any new fixture, make sure that it is compatible with your home's existing wiring and that it will fit into the space available.
Cost to Hire a Electrician
Articles and Tips
When it's winter and co-o-o-o-ld, the last thing you want is for your heating system to fail. Electric-powered... Read More
A blazing fire and a fresh dusting of snow form the perfect backdrop to the winter holidays, whether... Read More