If you need to install a light switch, expect to pay approximately $100 to $190 for materials and labor.
Of course, you won't normally hire an electrician to install just one switch; usually that would mean paying a minimum or a service call fee for a fairly small task. Six switches is a more typical job, which will bring down the per-switch charge quite a bit.
A few factors that will affect the cost to install a light switch:
- number of lights or other items (eg, fan) controlled by the switch
- whether there is a dimmer function
- distance the power has to be pulled from
- ease of access to the wiring
- Materials and Supplies -- The light switch and any miscellaneous fittings and connectors are included in the price.
- Labor -- Your electrician may charge you an hourly rate (usually with a minimum fee) or per job.
Get the Most for Your Money
Install light switches with timers to save electricity. These can be programmed to turn lights on or off according to your personal schedule. Use them as a deterrent for would-be burglars when you are away from home for a long period.
Cost to Hire a Electrician
Articles and Tips
Homeowners and real estate investors both know the added value of updated light fixtures. New fixtures... Read More
Lively parties on the patio or romantic tete-a-tetes under the trees are a huge part of what makes... Read More