How Much Does it Cost to Install a Light Switch?
If you need to install a light switch, expect to pay approximately $90 to $200 for materials and labor.
Of course, you won't normally hire an electrician to install just one switch; usually that would mean paying a minimum or a service call fee for a fairly small task. Six switches is a more typical job, which will bring down the per-switch charge quite a bit.
A few factors that will affect the cost to install a light switch:
- number of lights or other items (eg, fan) controlled by the switch
- whether there is a dimmer function
- distance the power has to be pulled from
- ease of access to the wiring
- Materials and Supplies -- The light switch and any miscellaneous fittings and connectors are included in the price.
- Labor -- Your electrician may charge you an hourly rate (usually with a minimum fee) or per job.
Get the Most for Your Money
Install light switches with timers to save electricity. These can be programmed to turn lights on or off according to your personal schedule. Use them as a deterrent for would-be burglars when you are away from home for a long period.
Cost to Hire a Electrician
Articles and Tips
For decades, ceiling fans have been a top choice for comfort and energy savings. Ceiling fans are beautiful... Read More
How Much Does It Cost To Rewire A House?
Credit: LBWL Connections Factors Involved in the Cost of Rewiring a House Older homes, like those... Read More
Fixing A Leaking Refrigerator
Have a Leaking Refrigerator? Here's What I Did: A refrigerator leaking water is certainly dramatic-looking... Read More