Main Services: Building Contractor & Home Remodeling
Description: Working as Project Manager for several other area General Contractors since 1986 in Palm Beach County, I have been involved in over $150 Million worth of Residential & Commercial construction projects. When the economy finally forced my lay-off, I decided to start my own company in late-2009. Our gross revenues have increased each year since, and we continue to do repeat-work for clients, as well as create new relationships. I am a Certified Building Contractor who can pull permits in the entire State of Florida. We can perform simple home improvements, or build up to 3-story buildings from the ground up!! Our references include relationships going back as far as 25 years. Give us a try!
Service Area: Palm Beach Gardens, Miami, Jupiter, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Lake Worth, Delray Beach, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach
3 ReviewsReview Me
North Palm Beach FL
Work Description: Interior Home RemodelComments: I had several issues with Dans project Managment style but the quality wasn't bad.
1) TDC contract is presented as a remodeling budget proposal yet, when Dan never went under budget on any line items so, I questioned Dan. He claimed, I signed a LUMP SUM CONTRACT. It was not!!! Lump Sum was never mentioned in the proposal/contract. Plus, Lump Sum are very specific building contract spelling out and detailing what is being bought and completed under each line item. His proposal was only 1 page hence, a budget contract not Lump Sum/total cost.
2) Challenge everything (with every contractor), Dan charged me $741 to hang 3 rods in 3 closets and his justification was the proposal Line Item said, "remodel 3 closets for $741". Hanging new rods isn't remodeling closets!!!
3) Initial proposal walk thru I asked for ALL outlets and switches to be replaced and I was later charged for them (additional cost) because Dan said, it wasn't part of his initial electrical proposal. He did this with light fixtures and cable outlets too...I refused to pay. Dan later sent me his notes on remodeling my entire house and it was less than 1 page. Have him spelling everything it out before you agree to the proposal.
4) Dans budget proposal was was roughly $750 for stucco work. The Sub contractor told me it would be roughly $1,200 due to scope change. Dan charged me the $1,200 PLUS the his estimated $750. I refused to pay $750 for work he did not do. Again, bc $750 was a Line Item in the contract.
5) Contract said, $50 per high hat yet Dan charged me $265 for two high hat replacements. Not going to mention all the other electrical charges. Didn't pay this either.
6) I had to send Dan a DIY video on how to install floating shelves. Dan, also called the manufacturer for advice.
7) Dan "insinuated" that I was not recalling communications correctly to him about requested work that he never budgeted for or just forgot about. On several occasions I had to send him dated text messages and emails with pictures of what WE discussed to prove WE had the conversations and I wasn't incorrect. At times, I even attached PHOTO's from my designer, not sure how a photo isn't clear? :)
8) TDC forgot the paint and restore my guest bathroom closet yet they claimed they did. We all know mistakes are made and it's an easy fix but Dan said the closet was painted. I sent him photos to prove otherwise. (see photos)
I could continue but I think you know what to be aware of if you hire TDC.
I believe if you're doing a bathroom or something small TDC should be fine but Dan's refusal to keep a project note book to document changes, revisions or scope changes so, it's up to you to take notes on site.
I don't like writing 2 star reviews but this experience was exhausting.
I also got an email from Dan (see pictures). My review is my opinion and recollection of my dealings with Trav-Daniels but his email to me says it all.
West Palm Beach FL
Work Description: Dan went above and beyond to make sure everything was right with his work. He has an uncompromising work ethic. He
has high quality workers and is on sight at all times. Very thorough and caring about my home and neighbors. He was in constant communication with me through text, email and phone. I cannot appreciate him more. He is very thorough, smart and takes great care in his work.
Work Description: Dan re-structured our roof and remodeled our whole room. He also did contracting on our driveway and built some bookshelves.Comments: I can't tell you enough about how awesome he is. He is excellent in his craft and honest and straightforward. He will give you a quote and that quote will be right one.
Remodelers License in FL :