Services: Concrete, Fencing, Landscaping
Service Area: Berkeley, San Ramon, Canyon, Moraga, Oakland, Piedmont, San Lorenzo, Walnut Creek, Emeryville, San Leandro, Hayward, Castro Valley, Danville, Albany, Lafayette, Orinda, Alameda
8 ReviewsReview Me
San Leandro CA
Work Description: Sod installationComments: they called me three days late that very day I called someone grabbed the my contract.. So sorry you gave Aladdin too late info.
San Leandro CA
Work Description: concrete slabComments: This is a horrible person. He gave a price and later asked for 25% more. The job was okay, thank god only a concrete slab, The slab
has a depression in the middle, where water pools. I'd say about 75% okay. After the job, he left his tools, and some tools are still here two weeks after the job is finished. I believe he is keeping the tools here until is next job. I called, left a message, Later i called and he hung up on me. A terrible experience that isn't over yet.
San Pablo CA
Work Description: retaining walls and concreteComments: We looked for someone to do our landscaping and hire someone with License and Bond. On December 9, 2021, we got a contract with licensed contractor, Aladdin Landscaping (Sione Alatini / John with LIC # 1027687) and thought we had the one with professional and ethical with his works. Instead, we have gotten into many problems than we expected, and we wish we did not hire him at all:
1) The contractor did not know what to do. When we pointed out the problems, he said he miscalculated or blamed on his workers. For example, he put down the drainage system which did not work at all. I poured 3 full buckets of 15 gallons of water down the drain, but the water never came out to the other end, not even a single drop. His answer was “It has no pressure.” He didn’t know what happed to the water I poured into the drainage. We did show him the issue right in front of him and his crew. Also, in signed contract, we want our retaining wall 3 feet tall and 4 feet away from wooden fence measured from top brick, he did 2.1 feet tall and 2.8 feet away from the neighbor fence. Lucky for him that we caught the problem on very early stage, otherwise, he would have to redo such a long wall. He then admitted his calculation was wrong and did not read the signed contract. Our current retaining wall still 2.8 feet tall, he has not fixed the problem. What kind of contractor that does not do what contract is signed? We have all videos and pictures as a proof.
2) He always asked for more money. Here are few examples: First, he built the retaining wall leaned to our neighbor’s property which we clearly reminded him not to do so. He asked for money to remove it even it wasn’t our fault. Second, he miscommunicated with the concrete company on scheduling. Therefore, they charged him more to come and pour in short notice. He asked us to pay for the extra charged while clearly, it’s his fault on scheduling with concrete company. We never make any schedule with concrete company, that is contractor job.
3) He did NOT follow the signed contract. In my case, he needed to do 2 half moon landing for 2 patio doors. He only prepared to do only 1 patio door. He said he will finish the project within 3 weeks. He took more 2 months, and we have unfinished project.
4) We felt we were cheated. The total of $35,000 for the whole project, initially we paid $25,000 (according to CSLB, we only need to pay 10% or $1,000, whichever is less). We promised and gave another $5,000 for pouring concrete and save the last $5,000 on the last day when project is completed. Three days (3) later which is a day the concrete pouring day, he said that he couldn’t cash our check. We signed another check and planned to cancel the previous check. When we called our bank to cancel, we found out you cashed both checks earlier. Therefore, we paid for the whole project with unfinished work. According to CSLB, “don’t make the final payment until you’re satisfied with the job” so that’s why we did not want to pay him 100% until the job finish. He keeps on delay the project and up to now, we still don’t know nice clean back yard.
5) We felt that his crew’s working schedule was a joke. They got to work around 10am and got off at 3:00 most of the time. So many times, John was not at the site to monitor the projects. They went to work 2-3 days per week. When we called and asked, contractor always had excuses from broken car, sick, doctor’s appointment, etc.… and many times we don’t have any idea why they don’t show up to finish the projects.
We reported him to Contractors State License Board/CSLB and Better Business Bureau. We have case numbers. They contacted him and gave him 7-10 days to finish the project. Now, 14 days later, my yard is still messy and dirty with sloppy works.
We are willing to provide any pictures, videos to back up with every single reported issues above.
PLEASE THINK TWICE WHEN YOU DECIDE TO HIRE HIM AND HIS CREW
Work Description: Driveway, cement, paversComments: Was very disappointed with Aladdin. Tommy never showed up when promised and turned a 4 day project into 4 weeks. Ended up firing him mid-job. Terrible experience.
Work Description: Concrete Flatwork - Repair & ResurfaceComments: Too expensive
San Ramon CA
Work Description: Landscape RepairComments: Found the contractor ill prepared to handle small project.
Would not use again.
Work Description: The work has not begun yet, The job is to start tomorrow 8/29
Pleasant Hill CA
Work Description: sod cut out and removedComments: Guys did a good job!
Concrete License in CA :
Fencing License in CA :
Landscaping License in CA :
Synthetic Grass License in CA :