When you're looking at the cost to maintain your lawn by a professional lawn care service, you can typically expect to pay approximately $68 to $200 per visit, including supplies and labor. The cost varies according to what you want done, which may include:
- Lawn mowing and edging
- Grass blowing
- Leaf removal
- Weed, insect and fungus control (Make sure you hire a landscaping service that's state certified to apply lawn care products.)
- Lawn aeration or dethatching once or twice per year
- General lawn maintenance
- Maintenance and repair of irrigation system
The size and condition of your yard and how often you want service calls will also influence the cost. Usually there is a minimum charge regardless of square footage.
Hire a landscaper to give you that great-looking lawn you dream about. Lawn care service is a convenience or even a necessity if you are too busy, don't want to invest in the equipment, or are away from the property for long periods. Schedule regular professional lawn care to increase curb appeal when you are in the process of selling your home, as well.
Cost to install a hire a lawn care service will normally include:
- Equipment -- Equipment needed will include a commercial lawn mower and fuel, lawn trimmer and/or edger, aerator, garden tools such as rakes and shovels, and safety equipment including goggles and earplugs. This is normally owned by the lawn care service.
- Supplies -- Fertilizers, insecticides, weed killers, fungicides, and bags for grass clippings and leaves are supplies that your lawn care service may use. You may request organic, non-toxic varieties, but these are likely to come at a premium cost.
- Labor -- Lawn care is a labor-intensive project. The landscaper will cut your grass and neaten the edges, apply treatments, and aerate or dethatch as needed.
- Cleanup -- Cleanup can include removing weeds, as well as grass cuttings or dead leaves. These items may be trashed or turned into mulch or compost.
- It is essential to have the landscaper visually inspect the lawn before quoting an annual fee.
Get the Most for Your Money
Pay an annual lawn care fee in advance for convenience and maybe a discount too. Talk to your lawn care pro about negotiating a lower charge if you refer new customers in your neighborhood.
Save time, money, and water by having your landscaper install Xeriscaping, replacing part or all of your lawn with attractive low-care, low-water plants.