Welcome to Just Floored
Just Floored owner Rick Lassiter spent 14 successful years as Sherwin-Williams' only Floor Covering Representative for the entire Hampton Roads area.
Rick understands carpet and flooring from the commercial and residential standpoint as well as anyone in the region.
Since opening Just Floored in 2006, Rick and his team have served a loyal base of clients in Hampton Roads with the following carpet and flooring services:
Residential Floor Coverings
• Fine Carpets • Hardwood • Laminates • Decorative Vinyl
• Ceramic Tile • Luxury Vinyl Tile
Commercial Floor Coverings
• Commercial Carpets • Commercial Vinyl
• Rubber Flooring Products • Specialty Flooring
To obtain a no-obligation estimate for your home or business carpet or flooring project, please call us at (757) 325-8962
2 ReviewsReview Me
Work Description: Hardwood FloorComments: Several significant issues were encountered when having hardwood floors installed by Just Floored, Inc. at 363 Fenwick Rd., Building 261, Fort Monroe, VA 23651. After completing the installation process, Just Floored, Inc. departed the premises leaving a 3 foot gauge, a one foot scratch and a four inch scratch on my hardwood floor for my wife and I to find. The installation crew placed furniture over the gauge before leaving.
After we complained, the company admitted to causing the damage and returned a few days later for what we thought would be an estimate and consultation on ways to remedy the problem. My wife and I soon determined that they were cutting our new wood floor and patching it without our approval (without a written or oral approval). We later determined that the attempted to repair the floor made the issue much worse by:
1) Sawing planks in the house without encapsulating the area which allowed hardwood dust (a known Class 1 carcinogen) to enter the room and ventilation system. This later caused respiratory issues for both my wife and me.
2) Putting nails directly through the face of planks to keep them in place after patching damage they caused (not a professional practice).
3) Patching a NEW floor by stripping the tongues from the wood which eliminated the manufacturer's tongue and groove system. Based on the final bill, Just Floored insists that the damage they caused, the patched floor, and additional damage made during the attempt to repair the floor still constitutes a brand new hardwood floor.
4) Ignoring Eastern Flooring's (the hardwood manufacture) "STRONG" recommends to use "both adhesive in addition to the proper nailing schedule when using 5" or wider planks." Just Floored did not consult with the owner before giving an estimate for and going with a cheaper method.
5) Leaving an uneven plank and making additional scratches during the repair process.
6) Even though Eastern Flooring requires that installers to provide warranty information, floor care information, the product name and code number, Just Floored insists that they cannot provide the code number for the wood.
7) After the initial attempt to repair the floor, my wife and I identified more issues. The installers immediately removed equipment from their vehicle and attempted a second repair. I stopped them immediately after noticing the dust in the room from the first attempt and that they were going to saw the hardwood floor again without respirators and without encapsulating the space.
8) The floor prevents the a door from closing properly.
Work Description: They do residential carpet, vinyl, vinyl tile, ceramic tile, and some minor commercial work.Comments: Just Floored are our flooring contractor. They are excellent in every category. We have no problems with them.