Stainless Steel Gutters
Copper clad stainless steel gutter from guttersupply.com
Stainless steel is the universal name for a number of different steels; the name refers to their anti-corrosion element. Stainless steel has been developed to resist a number of corrosive environments, which is why they make such great gutter material. The anti-corrosive qualities in stainless steel gutters allows them to remain literally stainless for years. The lifespan on these gutters is exceptionally long; you won't be replacing these gutters for decades! Your steel gutters will not function well unless they are installed properly, so make sure you take the time to find a good installer.
Here are some more great advantages to stainless steel gutters:
- Easy care. Low maintenance and resistance to denting and bending make stainless steel gutters an easy-care choice.
- Indestructibility. Stainless steel gutters have been described as indestructible, as they are particularly strong. This makes them a great choice in hurricane-prone areas like New Orleans and Texas. You can also safely rest a ladder on stainless steel gutters while you're working in the roof area.
- Temperature resistance. Fluctuations from harsh cold to intense heat can cause thermal warping in other types of gutters, but not in stainless steel gutters, which are temperature resistant.
- Sheen. If you are looking for an attractive shiny finish, then stainless steel gutters are for you!
- No rusting. Unlike non-stainless models, stainless steel gutters will not rust.
Disadvantages of stainless steel gutters
They are expensive. Stainless steel gutters cost about $18 - 25 per linear foot, which is about two to three times more expensive than other types of gutter. However, you may decide that their sturdiness and appearance are worth the cost.
They are heavy. Stainless steel gutters are very solid. While this makes them extra sturdy, it also means that they are heavy and more difficult to install than gutters made of aluminum or other materials. For this reason, it is wise to find professional gutter contractor to install your gutters.
Updated May 30, 2018.
Looking for a Pro? Call us(866) 441-6648