The Benefits of Ceramic Tile
Ceramic tile is one of the most popular flooring materials in homes and offices throughout the United States and around the world. Ceramic tile is also a great choice for walls, backsplashes, showers and more. Used in just about every room, ceramic tile is beneficial for you and your home. To name just a few advantages of ceramic tile: it’s environmentally friendly; reduces household allergens; increases your home’s value; and is practical, functional, and beautiful. Read below to learn more of ceramic tile's many benefits.
Benefits of Ceramic Tile
- Environmentally friendly – Ceramic tiles are made from clay, sand and glass. Many ceramic tiles are made from recycled and/or recyclable content. Ceramic tile can also help to reduce your energy use (and bills) by keeping your house cooler in the summer. They even add some insulating qualities to your home for the winter.
- Low maintenance – Ceramic tiles are easy to maintain, from simple cleaning to optional sealing over time. Beside basic routine cleaning, there is no special maintenance involved.
- Easy to clean – Sweep and wash! It doesn’t get simpler and cleaner than that. (If you prefer, you may vacuum your ceramic flooring.) Ceramic tile makes excellent kitchen floors as it can be easily wiped and disinfected from spills. If the grout gets dirtier than you like, you can use a specially formulated grout cleaner to help get the dirt off.
- Cost – Ceramic tiles are cost effective. Of course, the more high end the tile you choose, the higher the cost of the project; the more detailed the design, the more you’ll pay. On average, ceramic tiles cost from $1 to $15 per square foot for materials and $3 to $8 per square foot for installation. Find out more about cost to install a ceramic tile floor.
- Repairable – Got a crack? Make sure to keep a few extra tiles around in the event of cracking or chipping. You can attempt to replace the tile yourself or find a tile contractor or handyman to do it for you.
- Endless style and design options – There are literally thousands of different ceramic tiles at tile suppliers and large home centers. The selection of shapes, colors, styles, designs, and textures is vast.
- Increased home value – Ceramic tiled homes tend to have high resale value, as well as a greater general home value when appraised.
- Scratch resistant – Class 3 and Class 4 ceramic tiles (tiles which are made for moderate to heavy floor traffic) don’t scratch.
- Allergen reducing – Unlike carpet, ceramic tile does not attract dust and dust mites. Homes with ceramic floor tiles have less ambient dust, making the air in your home much healthier by reducing the amount of household allergens. This is a fantastic benefit for those who suffer from dust-related allergies.
- Moisture resistant – You won’t have to worry about accumulation of moisture in ceramic tiles. You can also wash the floor with lots of water if desired. Unlike wood floors, ceramic tiles are not damaged by liquids.
- Resistance – Ceramic tile floors are resistant to fire, rot, insects, odor, and fading.
Looking for a Pro? Call us(866) 441-6648