Have you got a termite problem in your home? The cost to exterminate these pests will typically range from $1,400 to $3,200 for a 1,250 square foot house.
The reason that the cost to hire a termite control service varies so widely is due to:
- Size and perimeter measurement of your home.
- Severity of the infestation.
- Location of the infestation
- Age of the infestation.
- Type of termites.
- Length of warranty on the treatment.
- Method of termite control you choose.
Methods of Termite Control
Cost/1250 ft² home
Dig trench around house; fill with liquid pesticide.
Drill holes around house; fill with bait.
Tent house; pump in lethal gas.
Tent house; blow in air heated to 140-150⁰ F.
ELECTRO GUN or MICROWAVE
$1,150 for spot treatment
Treat specific area with high-voltage or microwave.
- Supplies and Equipment -- The price quote should include all supplies and equipment necessary for the termite control method that you've chosen.
- Labor -- Labor cost includes setting up the equipment and administering the pest control method. If extra drilling required for chemical or bait extermination, that will add to the expense. Termite damage repair will also add to the cost.
- Estimate -- The initial estimate, which may include an onsite inspection, is often free.
Get the Most for Your Money
In your state, a pest control contractor may need a special certification or registration for termite extermination. Check local regulations.
Have your pest control contractor complete the treatment with "entry denial," blocking all possible access routes so that termites cannot enter your home in future.
Be prepared to leave your house for a while when you have tenting extermination done. Fumigation requires that you stay off the premises for 2-3 days, so you must arrange for temporary accommodation in the meantime. You'll be able to return home only 8 hours after a heat treatment, though.
Another advantage of heat treatment is that it's much more environmentally friendly than fumigation.