"Summertime, and the living is easy!" Even when not on vacation, we always feel a little freer in the summer to relax over long meals outdoors. If you’re in the market for an outdoor dining table set, there is likely one that matches your deck style and budget. Interior designers weigh in on their choices for stylish outdoor dining:
Julieanne Covino, owner of Jace Interiors in Massachusetts, is particularly fond of:
- The Galante from Ballard Designs exudes tropical relaxation all in one outdoor dining set! It is unique and chic while being weather resistant! BIG score!
- For the local New England feel most clients with Cape houses tend toward the classic blue and white. The Cape Cod Collection from Restoration Hardware easily fits the relaxed style!
Leslie Fine, President of Leslie Fine Interiors, Inc., is charmed by the whimsy of Janus et Cie’s Agatha Children’s Heart Dining Table. The kid’s table isn’t just for Thanksgiving anymore!
I am a big lover of old-world style and the following sets have really caught my eye:
- Restoration Hardware Hampshire Collection features a romantic, weathered looking all-weather wicker over rust-proof aluminum framing. Can’t you just imagine spending long evenings over dinner, watching fireflies?
- For a budget option, the Casetta Collection at Target features an aged looking wicker chair that has old world appeal and style.
- For a modern twist on classic wicker, Janus et Cie’s Amaya Dining table paired with their Dimple chair is sculptural as well as functional. These pieces would work as well indoors as they do outdoors, offering great flexibility.
- Surry Bistro Dining Set from Pottery Barn packs a stylish punch in a small package. Perfectly sized for a small patio or city balcony, you’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time as you dine al fresco.
- Janus et Cie Balcony Dining chairs are a colorful collection of outdoor dining chairs that could be paired with just about any dining table, or even wood boards atop a pair of sawhorses. These chairs really epitomize the easy, breezy feel of summer.
- If your style is modern and you love a rich quality wood, the Rise Dining Table and chairs from Edwin Blue will certainly be to your liking. These tables come in seating for 2-8 people which make them the perfect fit for any space.
- Outdoor furniture goes high tech with the Polywood Euro recycled plastic dining table and chairs. Sets come in different colors, however the Mediterranean blue set just exudes outdoor freshness and style. Perfect poolside, on a deck or on a city balcony.
- The Applaro Collection at Ikea features classic wooden slat furniture at a very economical price. Made from solid acacia wood, the furniture is very durable for outdoor use.
Linda Merrill is a Hometalk - http://www.hometalk.com - writer. Read more articles like this one - http://www.networx.com/article/designer-picks-outdoor-dining-tables - or get help with your home projects on Hometalk.com.