Three ingredients for a great smelling, delicious and healthy snack!
Cinnamon Pears with Strawberry Sauce
- 6 brown (Bosc) pears, slightly ripe
- 1 quart fresh strawberries or 1 lb. bag frozen strawberries
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks or 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- 6-quart pot filled with water
- Peel the pears, but leave the stem.
- Place the pears in the 6-qt. pot, add strawberries (if using fresh, cut the strawberries in half), cinnamon and water. If you would like extra-sweet pears, add the 1/4 c. sugar.
- Bring all to a boil, then turn down the temperature and cover.
- Simmer for an hour to an hour and a half.
- Uncover the pot halfway through cooking and enjoy as the pleasant aroma fills your home!
- Let the pears cool and store in a container with the strawberry juice.
Serve in glass bowls and pour some of the sauce over each pear. Enjoy as a snack or serve as a dessert.
Top Cities Covered by our Cleaning Services: