Nothing beats a good hot shower. And while most shower heads get the job done, few get it done in style. So if you're looking to ditch your boring old shower head for something more exciting, consider these 10 alternatives.
1. This hydra-headed beast will clean you from multiple angles. Featuring five tentacle-mounted heads, the Vado Sculpture isn't for the faint of heart or those prone to nightmares.
2. You might easily mistake the Rio Spectrum for an UFO that's come to beam you up from your bathtub. Featuring 96 colored LED lights and a programmable thermostat, this shower head will create a stream of water and light that'll give any Pink Floyd laser show a run for its money. Now if only this extraterrestrial faucet could beam you dry.
3. If your kids fight you at bath time, spring for the Froggy Hansgrohe shower head. This bathroom buddy will ensure that kids stay clean with minimal fuss.
4. If Apple made shower heads, they would look like this. The Docciaqua from Moma Design features a stark white cube attached to a stainless steal arm, a perfect look for lovers of minimalist design.
5. While the Rio Spectrum blinds you with a UFO glow, the Domolight shower head bathes you in soft, alternating hues, adding a touch of color therapy to your morning ritual. You'll be so relaxed you might never make it to work in the morning.
6. At 3mm wide, this is probably the thinnest shower head on the market. The Gessi Retanglo uber-thin design is a sleek slate of steel that is both classy and innovative.
7. Want to instantly make a shower head better? Add an iPhone dock. Bossini's Aquavolo is an MP3-player enabled faucet that will have you ditching your shower radio in no time.
8. While many bathroom designers are moving toward soft, comforting lines, the Frauk line from ST Rubinetterie has a decidedly cubist bent. Just don't slip in the shower. You really don't want to bang your head against the sharp edges on these shower fixtures.
9. While many enjoy the rain-like pitter-patter of a traditional shower head, the Aquavolo Duetto from Jaclo also gives you the option of a waterfall-style continuous stream of water. If you'd like to switch back to a more conventional shower, simply flip the shower head up to make it rain.
10. Coated in a jet black finish, the Grohe Ondus is like the sports car of shower heads. The Ondus also features digital controls that allow you to precisely control temperature settings and even pause your shower, should you, say, need to run to get a ringing phone.